Nagai Again
Cyborg 009 Qcredits
Nagai Again
Cyborg 009 Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyborg 009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

Cyborg 009 Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg 009   Cyborg 009 Empty2/20/2012, 6:59 am

The master's magnus opus.

Story (taken from Wikipedia)
Quote :

Nine regular humans are kidnapped by the evil Black Ghost organization to undergo human experiments which resulted in nine cyborgs with each one having super human powers. The nine cyborgs band together to fight for their freedom and to stop Black Ghost. The evil organization's goal is to start the next world war, by supplying any rich buyers with their choice of countless weapons of war and mass destruction. After the destruction of Black Ghost,the nine cyborgs also fought a variety of threats, from mad scientists to supernatural beings and ancient civilizations.

Cyborg 009 had a manga, 3 anime tv series adaptations and 3 animated movies. I haven't seen the previous two television series, but I've seen half of the most recent series from 2001 but didn't continue it due to hk subs after that.

1966 Animated Movie:

1968 TV series:

1979 TV series (Can't find original Japanese version):

2001 TV series:

Interesting fact: The 2001 version was directed by Jun Kawagoe, who's also responsible for recent Nagai mecha reboots like the Getter Robo ovas, Koutetsushin Jeeg and more recently Mazinkaiser SKL.

Even more interesting, there's a new Cyborg 009 cg movie coming out.

Last edited by SantaBla on 2/20/2012, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

Cyborg 009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg 009   Cyborg 009 Empty2/20/2012, 12:04 pm

In the afternoon, i'm going with my kids to a book & manga store in Montreal (Le marché du livre), to check if the store have french manga from ISHINOMORI and i see Cyborg 009 and Le Voyage de Ryu, i'm interested first by Ryu but the store just have the volume two, so i'm going back in a couple of week when they have the volume one.

Quote :
Interesting fact: The 2001 version was directed by Jun Kawagoe, who's also responsible for recent Nagai mecha reboots like the Getter Robo ovas, Koutetsushin Jeeg and more recently Mazinkaiser SKL.

Interesting, it's a good director.
Back to top Go down
https://nagai-again.rpg-board.net
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

Cyborg 009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg 009   Cyborg 009 Empty2/20/2012, 12:07 pm

My god the trailer for the new movie trailer is amazing!!!

Waiting for a upcoming DVD-bluray in north america...??
Back to top Go down
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

Cyborg 009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg 009   Cyborg 009 Empty2/20/2012, 5:09 pm

The movie was produced by Production I.G.
I'm a big fan of Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the shell 1 and 2 and the city design on Re Cyborg 009 look a like these movies.
It's a good thing when you see their works.

Quote :
Production I.G have been involved in the production of several anime television series, OVA and theatrical films, such as the Patlabor and the Ghost in the Shell series, "The End of Evangelion", Blood: The Last Vampire, Blood+, xxxHolic, the FLCL OVA series, and many others.

They have produced each of the anime adaptations of Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell series, including the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex television series, which was followed on into a second season, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG, and a TV film, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society, all three of which were directed by Kenji Kamiyama, and the two theatrical film adaptations, which were directed by Mamoru Oshii.

They have also recently worked with Clamp, producing the xxxHolic anime television series, which aired in 2006, as well as its theatrical film adaptation, xxxHolic - A Midsummer Night's Dream, the OVAs Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations and Tsubasa Shunraiki, and theatrical film adaptation Tsubasa Chronicle - The Princess of the Birdcage Kingdom. and most recently, a Blood franchise, Blood-C.

2006 saw the release of the new Mamoru Oshii's movie, Tachigui: The Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters, made with a new technique called "superlivemation."

"It's like my home," Oshii declared of I.G in an interview with Andrez Bergen for Japanese newspaper Daily Yomiuri. "It's like Manchester for Manchester United, and Hamburg for HSV (the soccer teams). They know the pitch in whatever condition and situations. However," he added meaningfully, "it doesn't necessarily mean that I can do anything I want to at I.G" [11]

In 2007, the studio commemorated its 20th year anniversary with Shinreigari/Ghost Hound, which it co-created with Ghost in the Shell creator Masamune Shirow. The series was directed by Ryūtarō Nakamura and written by Chiaki J. Konaka.

In 2008, they unveiled two other TV series, Library War and Real Drive - again in collaboration with Masamune Shirow on the latter project - and released Mamoru Oshii's latest movie, The Sky Crawlers.

In 2009 the studio engages themselves in another wide project, Eden of the East, starting with an 11 episode TV series (which was later compiled in a theatrical movie) and concluded in two other movies released in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

Inroads into Hollywood have been made by the company in the form of visual homages from the highly successful sci-fi film directed by the Wachowski brothers, The Matrix, and by creating the animated sequence in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Vol. 1. In 2003, Production I.G collaborated with Cartoon Network in producing a 25 minute (five episodes of five minutes each) "micro-series" IGPX Immortal Grand Prix, which has been made into a full series of 26 full thirty minute episodes in 2005.

Wikipedia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cyborg 009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg 009   Cyborg 009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg 009
Page 1 of 1