Nagai Again
"The Day the Clown Cried" Qcredits
Nagai Again
"The Day the Clown Cried" Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Day the Clown Cried"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

"The Day the Clown Cried" Empty
PostSubject: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/22/2012, 3:40 pm

This is a movie I made all by myself. I play all the parts in it. It was based on an unreleased movie by Jerry Lewis. He also wrote the script. It is about a washed up circus clown living in Nazi Germany who is placed into a concentration camp after he mocks Hitler. I hope you'll enjoy it! Smile

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 2:19 am

I've seen this on Getter Mario's forum. Very interesting, but would you like to give a background information about it? I had to google what it was all about before I understood what you were trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 4:17 am

I don't have the time to go into specifics. Anyone who wants to hear about the film's history can go to this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 12:40 pm

Alright, I'm moving this to the creation centre since it's your own work. I haven't watched the whole thing yet (Only the first two parts), but I will during the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 1:16 pm

Okay. Thanks! I didn't put it here because I thought that referred to only Nagai inspired works.
Back to top Go down
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 4:30 pm

Really nice Uncle (I see it also on the french forum...)

Is it the good place to put these videos??
Do you want the creation center dedicated just for the Nagai universe stuff SantaBla or for everything??
Back to top Go down
https://nagai-again.rpg-board.net
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 4:48 pm

For everything. Of course, it should also be used for Nagai content too.
Back to top Go down
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/23/2012, 4:59 pm

Perfect!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://nagai-again.rpg-board.net
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/24/2012, 8:17 am

I don't know if any of you know the great French actor and clown Pierre Etaix, but he was in the original Jerry Lewis version of the film. He played the mean clown that gets the sad clown thrown out of the circus. There's even a couple pictures of him and Jerry together.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/24/2012, 8:19 am

I didn't know about him but it's always good to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_%C3%89taix

I heard the movie was actually done. Has any copy of it been unofficially released?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/24/2012, 8:38 am

It mostly is. It's only missing a few building exterior shots and a score. There are possibly two versions in existance. The negative without the ending, which is probably decayed by now. And the nearly complete workprint that Jerry has on Betamax cassette which he has locked up in his office. Neither version has been leaked to the public.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 5:12 am

So I've continued watching this. I'm not a film aficionado but your acting is top notch and the script is really interesting so far. Have you ever considered a career in that field?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 5:50 am

Thank you SO much for the compliment, Santa! Very Happy Yes, I want to be an actor. My channel also showcases several enactment scenes I've done from movies like "Taxi Driver" and "The Matrix".
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 6:03 am

I see. You definitely have the knack for it. You're not afraid to shout and scream when you have to. You do the role of the German officers pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 6:12 am

Thanks, a bunch, man! Yeah, I really commit to my roles to make them more realistic and enjoyable. There are scenes where my scream is sort of strangled and held back. Mostly during the outdoor scenes. That's because there were people nearby and I didn't want them to be freaked out. I appreciate your kind words.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 6:34 am

I just finished part 4, currently watching part 5. I laughed at the belly dancing prisoner and the one just before him.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty2/26/2012, 6:58 am

Thanks, man! Laughing
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty9/4/2012, 3:09 pm

So apparently they found a copy of the film huh?

Just got the news from... you on IMDB. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty9/4/2012, 3:59 pm

Yes, apparently. I've found out more details since then that I'll edit in. Apparently the cut Xavier has is incomplete. It runs about 1 hour and 15 minutes long and it may be missing the ending. The camera is, in his words, "improperly mounted" and he can't release it because he doesn't have the rights to it. Thanks for subscribing to me on YT, btw.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty9/4/2012, 8:29 pm

Yeah I just watched your YT video about it just after I posted this comment. Anyway, I'm not a movie buff (more anime buff), but I'd like to expand my knowledge on that. Any good classic movies you can recommend me?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty9/4/2012, 9:13 pm

Most of the movies I like are from around the 80's, so I'm not real good at recommending classic movies. However, there are a few classics in my collection. One is entitled "M", it is a German crime drama starring Peter Lorre in his first (and in my opinion, greatest) performance. Another is another German crime drama by the same director entitled "The Testament of Dr. Mabuse". There is also an American horror/suspense movie featuring Peter Lorre called "Mad Love", while I wouldn't exactly call it a classic in the sense that it's awesome, it's from the classic era and it has it's moments, especially when Lorre is on screen. There is also the infamous buddy comedy, "The Odd Couple", starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. I also own "2001: A Space Odyssey", as well as Mel Brooks' first film, "The Producers", from 1968. That's pretty much the films I own from the classic era, unless you want me to start listing the few films I have from the 70's.
Back to top Go down
sweetcandy37

sweetcandy37

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty10/19/2012, 7:19 am

I've tried to listen to the first video. But it's too difficult for me to understand. I like your acting, you are great !
You are a very good actor ! Continue for our pleasure.
Back to top Go down
http://sweetcandyrose37.skyrock.com/
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty10/19/2012, 8:02 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Day the Clown Cried"   "The Day the Clown Cried" Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Day the Clown Cried"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nagai Again :: NAGAI AGAIN :: EVERYTHING ELSE-
Jump to: