Nagai Again
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Qcredits
Nagai Again
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Empty
PostSubject: Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still    Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Empty2/23/2012, 10:35 am

Giant Robo is an anime ova that took 7-8 years to complete. It's directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa ( G Gundam, Shin Mazinger, Tetsujin 28th 2004).

Perhaps, the most interesting thing about this work is the completely original story and the usage of various characters from Mitsuteru Yokoyama's works.

From what I heard, it's also a big homage to the wuxia genre, found especially in Hong Kong and Chinese cinema.

Has anyone seen it?
Back to top Go down
AnonD

PostSubject: Re: Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still    Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Empty2/23/2012, 1:13 pm

Definitely one of the best Giant Robot OVAs that I've seen. Interesting, well-developed characters, good story with plenty of twists and enough foreshadowing so they don't come entirely out of left field, amazing orchestral score, and well done action scenes. Only major complaint I have is the lack of a sequel, I doubt Imagawa can be held fully accountable for that.

IMO, it's a definite must buy, especially when Rightstuf has the entire series (plus the GinRei Specials) on sale for $11.
Back to top Go down
Getter Mario
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
Getter Mario

PostSubject: Re: Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still    Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Empty2/23/2012, 4:57 pm

I have the american boxet with the GinRei special.
I'm a big fan of this strange robot and i like the old school characters design like the last Tetsujin 28 TV series...

Do you see the other animated series GR-Giant Robo??

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GR:_Giant_Robo
Not officially released in US on DVD, i see some episodes on internet, the robot design is different closer to his original look.
Official website: http://gr-anime.com/english/index.html

But the best thing for me is to watch one day the original 60th version, i never see them, just short video on YouTube.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Robo

Quote :
Tetsujin 28-gō (鉄人28号 Tetsujin Nijūhachi-gō?, literally "Iron Man #28") is a 1956 manga written and illustrated by Mitsuteru Yokoyama, who also created Giant Robo. The series centred on the adventures of a young boy named Shotaro Kaneda, who controlled a giant robot named Tetsujin 28, built by his late father.

I think these robots was the first true piloted super robots of the japan history. After that Nagai comes with the first piloted in the head super robot with Mazinger Z.
Back to top Go down
https://nagai-again.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still    Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still  Empty

Back to top Go down

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Page 1 of 1