Nagai Again
Master list of Getter manga? Qcredits
Nagai Again
Master list of Getter manga? Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Master list of Getter manga?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JMMedia

JMMedia

Master list of Getter manga? Empty
PostSubject: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/23/2012, 1:32 pm

Having read the larger part of the Getter Robo Saga so far, it makes me wonder just how many different versions of this manga was released? I know that there were series' written and drawn specifically for the younger market that the show aimed for, alternate universes, retellings, tons!

Help me out?
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/23/2012, 4:51 pm

I think only one. Getter Robo Saga is just a compilation with some additional stuff.
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 3:55 am

Well i know there was something often referred to as "Getter Robo Juvenile" or something like that. Ive seen raw scans peppered around online at some points.

I also know that stuff like Getter Robo Dash and Getter Robo Hien the Earth Suicide aren't in the Getter Robo Saga collection.

BTW, an AWESOME Mazinger Vs. Getter one-shot by Nagai was written and drawn too
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 6:06 am

Dash and Hien will obviously not be part of it since they were after Saga's compilation and the drawings aren't by Ishikawa. Dash/Darkness is also a reboot and not part of the manga timeline. Try asking jfgslo (pm him, he's only available in the weekends) or the GO NAGAI, GO! forum (he's also registered there). He's the most knowledgeable one around here.

I don't think I've ever seen the Mazinger vs Getter one-shot by Nagai either. Do you have any pics to show?
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 6:53 am

I actually have a copy of it. Shoot me a PM....
Back to top Go down
OnePixelJumpMan

OnePixelJumpMan

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 6:59 am

The only Getter crossover that I know of by Nagai was Getter Robo vs. Devilman.
Back to top Go down
http://onepixeljump.com
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 7:02 am

Theres that one too, which was (yes!!!) scanlated. No such translation yet for Mazinger v. getter
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 8:45 am

Yeah that was awesome. There is a scanlation floating around out there....
Back to top Go down
AnonD

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 2:11 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Hien based off of a draft and notes of Ishikawa's?
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty2/24/2012, 2:32 pm

Yeah. Takes place sometime chronologically between Getter Robo Go and Getter Robo Arc. Despite being disavowed by most fans because of Ishikawa's only MINIMAL involvement, the bits that ARE scanlated seem to be solid fun regardless. Hopefully It'll get the scan treatment too, so American fans can see the ENTIRE Getter Saga picture.

Back to top Go down
BlackRaiden

BlackRaiden

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty3/9/2012, 5:32 am

Let's see...

Getter Robo Saga is the compilation of the Getter series done by Ishikawa up to his death. This is the one known as the actual contintuity:
Getter Robo
Getter Robo G
Getter Robo Go/Neo Getter Robo
Shin Getter Robo
Getter Robo Ah/Arc/Ark
New pages/chapters were added in, especially to Getter and Getter G, and some alterations/fixing were done. Extras included a One-Shot based on Armageddon that takes place during the Moon Wars and a Mazinger Z One-shot which is the basis for Shin Mazinger Z and maybe some others.

Getter Robo Hien is sorta an exception. Even though it was made by someone else after Ishikawa's death the story was based on Ishikawa's notes. It takes place after Getter Go and before Getter Arc.

Other Getter stories that aren't part of the continuity/made by others, etc. include:
An incomplete Getter Robo Armageddon story [or at least I think its incomplete]
Getter Robo Daikessen based on the game and is a collection of one-shots and 4-komas and whatnot.
Getter Robo Anthology which is a collection of one-shots made by several artists including Go Nagai.
Getter Robo Dash/Darkness which is another reboot.
Getter Robo vs Devilman
Getter Robo G vs Mao Dante [I think Go Nagai finished it some time ago]

And let's not forget the Getter Robo Bible and anything SRW related in which the Getter Team shows up.

There does seem to be something called Getter Robo Juvenil/Juvenile but I can't seem to find any info on it.

I think that's about it.
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty3/9/2012, 6:19 am

You forgot Shin Getter Robo, taking place in-between G and GO Razz

The Getter Juvenile stuff was made as kid-friendly (by japanese standards) adaptations of the general feel of the anime series'. There were a couple, possibly multiples for early series'. I forget who the artist was, but his name is easy to find... I think.

Its not manga, but the "Shin Getter Robo Vs. Neo Getter Robo" novel (SUPPOSEDLY) written by Ken Ishikawa is just as interesting to me as all of these.

Being a completionist who only speaks English sucks. lol
Back to top Go down
BlackRaiden

BlackRaiden

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty3/9/2012, 6:59 am

I didn't forget. Its listed right after Go. Even though "Shin" happens before "Go" it was made afterwards =P or at least I think it was >_>...

Didn't know about a "Shin vs Neo" novel though o.O.
Back to top Go down
JMMedia

JMMedia

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty3/9/2012, 7:18 am

Oops. You're right, you're right!

I discovered the Shin Vs. Neo novel's existence when i was reading through the google-translated official japanese Shin Vs. Neo site. It's mentioned there. VERY rare, aparently..
Back to top Go down
BlackRaiden

BlackRaiden

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty3/9/2012, 7:31 am

Grrrrr now you got me curious >_>...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master list of Getter manga?   Master list of Getter manga? Empty

Back to top Go down

Master list of Getter manga?
Page 1 of 1