Nagai Again
Adolf Qcredits
Nagai Again
Adolf Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adolf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

Adolf Empty
PostSubject: Adolf   Adolf Empty3/14/2012, 7:45 am

I just finished reading Volume 1 of Tezuka's Adolf and found it to be thoroughly intruiging and entertaining! I'm buying Volume 2 for sure! I highly recommend it! Very Happy

Info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_(manga)
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

Adolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adolf   Adolf Empty3/17/2012, 8:24 am

Tezuka did a manga on Adolf? Haha that should be interesting. Reminds me of Nagai's Shin Devilman manga which also featured Adolf, but it was more hilarious back then. This one seems to be pretty serious stuff.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

Adolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adolf   Adolf Empty3/17/2012, 8:45 am

Yeah, well, Hitler isn't the central, really. It mostly focuses on the Japanese reporter and the two German friends. At least in volume 1. The reporter attends a 1936 Nazi rally (I believe it was the same one that Leni Reifenstahl filmed for "Triumph of the Will") Hitler gives a speech there and Tezuka gets a little cartoony drawing his exagerated gestures. Then in the next volume, there's a scene where the German boy who's friends with a Jewish boy and is sent to the Hitler Youth against his will, scores the highest in his class and gets to shake Hitler's hand at a ceremony. I've only seen that page and read about it in a review, I haven't read the second volume yet.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

Adolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adolf   Adolf Empty3/22/2012, 4:56 pm

I've recently changed my mind about this manga. When I read what was to come later, I simply didn't want to continue reading it. I'll also be selling my copy of volume 1, despite that it was rare and pricey.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

Adolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adolf   Adolf Empty3/23/2012, 1:06 am

Why? What happened?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Sporkums

Uncle Sporkums

Adolf Empty