Nagai Again
40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Qcredits
Nagai Again
40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackRaiden

BlackRaiden

40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty
PostSubject: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty6/19/2012, 1:54 am

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/06/17/40th-anniversary-devil-man-bronze-statue-offered-in-japan

Crunchyroll wrote:
Nagae, a Japanese casting manufacture in Toyama Prefecture, has started accepting pre-orders for a bronze statue "悪魔人間降魔成道像 Devil Man Gouma Jyoudou Zou" in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the Go Nagai's manga series. "Gouma 降魔" means to defeat the demons who try to prevent people from being awakened spiritually. "Jyoudou 成道" means to be spiritually awakened through the hash training. "Zou 像" simply means "statue".

Devil Man is often considered as Go Nagai's most important manga work. It was serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine from June 11, 1972 to June 24, 1973. And many adaptations and remakes in various forms have been produced. The bronze statue is 36.5 cm tall and weighs 5.3 kg. The metal plate with Go Nagai's signature is attached to the Walnut-made pedestal. The retail price is 147,000 yen (approximately US$1854). It will be available in Japan on June 27 and at Japan

Expo in Paris, France, on July 5 to 8. If you are a fan of Go Nagai, this is the must-have item!

Images
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty6/19/2012, 4:38 am

Awesome, but I'm personally not buying it, obviously. Maybe if someday I'm rich enough. Smile

Back to top Go down
Krimpov

Krimpov

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty10/1/2012, 10:14 am

I need to buy one good Devilman statue someday. I have two from Kaiyodo's polystone series. They're very nice, but too small. That one wouldn't do it either. It looks great, but I want a full-body sculpt, not just a bust.

One thing I'd be very tempted to buy, even if it's not Devilman himself, would be a 1:1 scale "replica" of the demon skull mask from the manga (and OVA). Though I don't even want to imagine how much it would cost to ship such a thing across the ocean from Japan.

Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty10/3/2012, 9:01 am

Polystone series? I only have one of them. I picked it up at MCM Expo. Came the other year, but they had the same one on display again. A real shame.

Back to top Go down
Krimpov

Krimpov

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty10/5/2012, 11:11 pm

I have the two with Silene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan   40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan Empty

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary Devil Man Bronze Statue Offered in Japan
Page 1 of 1