Nagai Again
Devilman Grimoire manga announced Qcredits
Nagai Again
Devilman Grimoire manga announced Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Devilman Grimoire manga announced

Go down 
+3
Kwaga
L0NWolf
NagaiAgain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty
PostSubject: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty3/17/2012, 7:52 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-16/new-devilman-g-manga-launches-in-champion-red-magazine
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2012/03/16/Devilman-Grimoire

A prologue will be published in Champion Red in April. The scenarist will be Go Nagai, while the art will be done by Rui Takako.

Okay, first thoughts. Don't expect any kind of art like Yuu Kinutani's Amon series from Rui Takato. His artstyle is cliche and tired.

I'll keep this updated.

Last edited by SantaBla on 3/17/2012, 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added ANN link)
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/2/2012, 6:49 am

Scans of the first chapter:
http://extabit.com/file/2dbyer7ch0zqe
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/7/2012, 2:42 am

Darn, you need to buy a prenium user Mad
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/8/2012, 2:51 am

You don't. You just gotta be patient.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/21/2012, 5:52 am

I've added the first translated chapter of Devilman Grimoire in Doctor Hell's Kitchen. Also available here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6e8xjw9joj0khp5
Back to top Go down
L0NWolf

L0NWolf

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 1:27 am

raws:

chapter 0 (preview)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7dtp6ufw303iurv

chapter 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?s7p0gac49tyy1xm

Also, mangafox has the preview chapter translated.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 4:58 am

Thanks, now I can see how much it sucks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 5:05 am

''Shin Mazinger Super H'' I wonder if that's a new series?

Anyway, Devilman G seems to be involved with Dororon enma-kun, somehow.
Actually it's Miki who's dressed as a wish. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just point out that this Devilman is far diffrent than the original one. Far.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 5:26 am

The Miki being a witch thing is a joke on the original. Remember what happened when mobs stormed her house? Yeah.

Shin Mazinger Super H is an ecchi one shot done by Go Nagai. Probably a sequel to Shin Mazinger H-hen, which again, was another ecchi one shot done in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 5:31 am

How come I've never heard of H-hen? is there any scans of it?

Anyway, that manga was above horrible. however, I still hope it'll be a hit, so that we might get a new Devilman Anime!
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/25/2012, 7:59 am

Honestly I'm not seeing what's so horrible about it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/26/2012, 12:04 am

I didn't like the fact that Miki wanted to be a witch, also there was too much focus and attention dedicated to her, and barely any Devilman. I also didn't get Ryou's role, why was he suddenly a gangleader? weird twisted if you ask me, but I might just have a bad taste or whatever.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty5/26/2012, 1:00 am

It's not Ryou. It's Himura from the Devilman TV series.

I don't mind the focus on Miki, since she's super important plot wise in the original.
Back to top Go down
Kwaga

Kwaga

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty6/23/2012, 3:29 pm

I like the thugs ,too bad Masa, Dosu-Roku, and the fat guy died. (I think thats what their names are). They should have a bigger role, besides them getting beat up by Akira and his belt(The three living ones). At least in Darkside of Devilman, and the original they played a part in. And from what I know about Himura I wonder if he's gonna change into a demon or something (I think thats what he did in the TV version.)
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty7/4/2012, 7:59 am

Just to say that I'm still working on the second chapter of Devilman Grimoire. The amount of redrawing needed is what's stalling me. If anyone would like to help, send a message.
Back to top Go down
cottonmouth

cottonmouth

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty7/24/2012, 7:51 pm

Thank you so much NagaiAgain for translating the 1st chapter!
Your work is greatly appreciated Wink
Can't wait for the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty7/26/2012, 2:53 pm

Was sick recently. I'll try to work on it again.
Back to top Go down
cyberjet-twins

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty10/16/2012, 10:48 am

Thank you for the work done so far. From reading zindryr's translation it seems like this isn't a re-write of the manga but more like Go Nagai's retelling of the TV series using his manga's plot as an outline. I wouldn't recommend it to Devilman fans who haven't seen the TV series but I'm personally enjoying it so far. It has already managed to explore and build upon themes from both versions that I was questioning and was hoping for some expansion of.

Still, I'm a bit bummed that it's TV-style Devilman and not manga-style Devilman. One of themes of Devilman that I adore is the way Akira questions what it means to be human and tries so hard to hold onto his original idealization of humanity. In the TV series Akira was nothing more then a skin and not at all like what the manga defined as a "devilman". Still, I like that part two of Grimoire does play with the "human heart" aspect. So, Akira is still there, just not consciously.

NagaiAgain wrote:
I don't mind the focus on Miki, since she's super important plot wise in the original.
I like Miki a lot but I do agree with the opinion of fans like Retrosofa that she feels like a side character in the original manga. This ultimately means that if if we were to dismantle the Devilman manga into raw tropes, her main purpose becomes the girlfriend who gets "stuffed into the fridge". I don't think that's what Go Nagai had in mind but it's what happened.

Grimoire's Miki is very different from her previous variations but I kinda like that she took over Ryou's role from the manga. To be honest, those "My father died" memes are probably why I don't mind his absence that much.
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty10/17/2012, 5:47 am

Thanks for the feedback, but I have stopped it. I guess I'll just wait for the better scans (the volume ones)
Back to top Go down
jinmen

jinmen

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty1/9/2013, 8:49 am

can someone confirm something for me? in the end of the first chapter there is a demon that looks like one of the ones from the original anime, Gondorma or something, i know that Ebain is in the manga later on thanks to the Go Nagai wiki, im just wondering if i am right it being from the anime or if i am just plain wrong.

also Devilman G is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
G-Fan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty6/24/2013, 8:24 am

Hey NagaiAgain, are you still translating this?
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty6/24/2013, 11:40 pm

The translator won't translate it for a while. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
G-Fan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty6/26/2013, 9:56 am

Aww, that's too bad. Guess we'll wait. This manga looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
gebbo
Anonymous

PostSubject: translate   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty10/13/2013, 11:11 am

is anyone translating this? I have read all the current raws and love the call backs to the classic series.
Back to top Go down
fredtheguy

fredtheguy

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty10/14/2013, 6:02 am

gebbo wrote:
is anyone translating this? I have read all the current raws and love the call backs to the classic series.
Nope, I don't think anyone's actually working on this right now.

jinmen wrote:
can someone confirm something for me? in the end of the first chapter there is a demon that looks like one of the ones from the original anime, Gondorma or something, i know that Ebain is in the manga later on thanks to the Go Nagai wiki, im just wondering if i am right it being from the anime or if i am just plain wrong.
Yep, it's Gondoroma from Episode 10 of the TV series, at the bottom left of this page:
Devilman Grimoire manga announced Bg001_050
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devilman Grimoire manga announced   Devilman Grimoire manga announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Devilman Grimoire manga announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next