Nagai Again
Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Qcredits
Nagai Again
Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Qcredits
Nagai Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nagai Again

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UFO

UFO

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty
PostSubject: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty7/30/2012, 10:18 pm

Hi all, I don't know if this subject was discussed before, there was a series of Japanese novels with some illustrations by Ken Ishikawa where a descendant of Duke Fleed returns to Earth in the future but is defeated by the Mykenes Emperor who takes over Grendizer:

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Clivdan01

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Clivdan02

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Scimg2316

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Grendizernovels001

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Grendizernovels002
By ufox at 2012-07-30

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Grendizernovels003

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Grendizernovels004

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Scimg2319

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Scimg2320

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Scimg2321

there are also some color drawings of this event in the Getter Robot ART BOOK that I think were taken from the novels:

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Getterart15ep502

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels 04mk

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels 04mk2

So, does any one have the scans of these novels? Very Happy

Last edited by UFO on 8/1/2012, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty7/31/2012, 2:16 am

I've seen these before, but sadly no scans.
The Great Mazinkaiser vs Demon Mazinkaiser is really interesting though
Back to top Go down
OnePixelJumpMan

OnePixelJumpMan

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty7/31/2012, 3:32 pm

I like that image of the half Grendizer face. I've always liked Ishikawa's talent for drawing well detailed wreckage.
Back to top Go down
http://onepixeljump.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty7/31/2012, 10:58 pm

I've never thought Ishikawa was that good at drawing compared to other artists.
but What he lacked in the art, he had it in the storytelling.
I still loved everything about his work.
Back to top Go down
UFO

UFO

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/1/2012, 5:33 am

Ok, I put the same topic on an italian forum to get more informations and a japanese member gave the following informations:

"This novel is entitled “スーパーロボット大戦” (super robot wars) written by Tatuhiko Dan. This book is three volumes set.

-----
Dr. Lionel and Prof. Yumi experiment on time warp at Photonic Research Laboratory. Koji and Sayama jump into another(future) world by a result of the experiment.

In the future, Hyu (=human) fight against Creatures (=Robot). Hyu’s life is kook like primitive man’s life. Creatures Makes feudal society. Many dinosaur live on earth. Hyu’s females has ESP.
There is Mazinger Z in a unopened room, Koji gets in Mazinger Z and join battle with Creatures.

Machine Heart Mother at Artemis brings Creatures into the world.

Sayaka is leaped to past by Hyu’s ESP and return with Getter Robot G, Great Mazinger, Dianan A and Venus A. They make war on Creatures. Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger attack strong Creature named Gyarahan and break his armor. Grendizer’s body is in Gyarahan’s armor.

Mikene’s emperor control Grendizer.

In the future, Mikene invades the earth again. Duke Freed’s descendant try to help humans by Grendizer, but is killed by Mikene. Mikene treats humans with cruelty to produce scanners who can do time warp. Mazinger Z found by Koji is a copy of the original.

The first prototype Mazinger designed by Juzo Kabuto was very dangerous Robot. Dr.Hell make the first Mazinger comeback and named Devil Mazinger.

Gyarahan, Devil Mazinger, and Mazinger team go back to the present. Devil Mazinger killed Gyarahan. Dr. Kenzo Kabuto had a plan to convert Mazinger Z into God Mazinger. Dr. Yumi and Dr. Lionel do this work during Koji’s absense.

Finally, God Mazinger felled Devil Mazinger."

And Ishikawa is a great artist, and very detailed especially in machines.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/1/2012, 5:51 am

Is it possible that they have scans at the italian forum?
Back to top Go down
UFO

UFO

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/1/2012, 9:49 am

No, they were surprised by the topic, we will try to see if some japanese member could scan us the B&W drawings since the color drawings are available from the Getter Robo Art Book.
Back to top Go down
UFO

UFO

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/1/2012, 9:51 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/2/2012, 1:39 am

There's a Shin Getter on the second image Very Happy
Does the Getters have a role in this?
Back to top Go down
UFO

UFO

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/3/2012, 5:50 am

Yes, re-read the summary by Ryo.
And, according to LVD and Saotome_Mondo :
The name of the descendant of Duke Fleed killed by the Emperor of the Mykenes is Shion Fleed
The Author of the novels is Dan Tatsuhiko with drawings by Ken Ishikawa.
The 3 novels were published in 1998:
1/Mazinger VS Getter
2/Getter VS Getter
3/Mazinger VS Mazinger
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/8/2012, 8:33 pm

This is really interesting. Thanks for the post, UFO. This evil Mazinger reminds me a bit of the 1901 Mazinger toy, especially the mouth.
Back to top Go down
gunleon

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty8/19/2012, 3:49 am

I've actually heard of this from the Japanese SRW Wiki here:

http://wiki.cre.jp/SRW/%E9%97%87%E3%81%AE%E5%B8%9D%E7%8E%8B

My Japanese is poor, but from what I can inaccurately understand, "Galahan" is the real name of Yami no Teioh and is actually an alien entity rather than a so called god. He is said to have been some sort of a holy knight from where ever he comes from and is a brilliant scientist in his own right. Not sure how he transitioned from Galahan to Yami no Teioh, nor how he got to Earth in the first place. He nonetheless created the Mycenaean Empire and gave the Mycenaeans the science necessary to build the machines used in the tv series. Through network hacking, Galahan is able to successfully take full control of the Grendizer in the future timeline.

It's worth noting that Devil Mazinger's origins have a striking similarity to the MazinKaiser featured in Super Robot Wars Alpha. Both were prototype Mazingers built by Juzo Kabuto, both were known to have incredible amounts of power, and both were deemed too dangerous and sealed because of their tendency to go berserk. Add that God Mazinger's design in the novel is the basis for MazinKaiser, it gives reason why SRW Alpha's version of MazinKaiser has a "Demon" mode and a "God" mode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty9/6/2012, 1:19 am

I just bought the first volume of this. In collaboration with Member Gunleon, we created a blog about it, check it out: BorotScans.blogspot.com
I'll do the scanning, and Gunleon'll do the translation.
But we haven't really started yet Laughing
But at least, it's now officially announced.
Back to top Go down
gunleon

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty9/7/2012, 12:38 pm

I've managed to put out a rough translation of the inner cover text below. I must emphasize that MY KNOWLEDGE OF JAPANESE IS VERY POOR, ESPECIALLY WHEN READING KANJI
. I actually sought for help identifying them to make the translation and it wasn't easy when looking for the right kanji symbol in text format when it is placed on a graphic instead. I personally would've wished furigana was used so it'd be easier to identify.

Without further ado, below is the inner cover and rough translation:
Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels 400861_3634474543711_1270154291_n

Something is wriggling within the drop of water. It appears to take human form. A Holy Knight? A new Holy Knight? Koji stares at it closely. (Snippet)

This is unbelievable! It shouldn't exist in this world! No way, it's just no way! And yet, still, you... Koji gasped. Words do not come out of his mouth. Reflecting on the monitor, looming over the black sun, something incredible appeared. That is, that's...

"G, Getter Robo!?" Sayaka said in a surprised voice from the Pilder's cockpit. (excerpt)
Back to top Go down
NagaiAgain
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
NagaiAgain

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty9/8/2012, 8:47 pm

If your knowledge is poor, then mine is absymal. Smile

Good luck on the project.
Back to top Go down
gunleon

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty9/9/2012, 3:37 am

From what I've gathered, the novels featured 2 major factions in battle. The first is the Super Robot Army comprised of the following:

Mazinger Z
Dianan A
Bossborot
Great Mazinger
Venus A
Getter Robo G
God Mazinger
Cosmo Freedom (their Battleship)

The other is the Majin Heart Mother and is comprised of the following:

Murder Androids
Mechasaurus
Getter Robo
Getter Robo Go
Shin Getter Robo
Grendizer
Devil Mazinger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels   Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels Empty

Back to top Go down

Grendizer : The Ken Ishikawa Novels
Page 1 of 1